An Agent is anyone that is paid a dollar amount (either a flat fee or percentage commission) for generating that sale for the company. Agents can be an employee of the company, or a non employee or outside agent.
Adding an Agent
- Click on the My Office icon on the toolbar.
- Open the Company Resources tab and select the Agents button as illustrated below.
- Existing Agents in the company's Limo Anywhere will display in the Agent list (highlighted blue). Active Agents will be in black font, and Inactive Agents will be in red font.
- In the Add New Agent box...
- Enter the Agent's first and last name
- Enter the Agent's Company name if appropriate
- Enter the Agent's address, city state and zip code
- Enter the Agent's Drivers License Number, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth. Note: Because agents are paid this information will most likely be required for reporting tax purposes.
- Select the status for the Agent as ACTIVE/INACTIVE. Note: Only ACTIVE agents can be added to a reservation.
- Decide the amount of commission to be paid on each trip, and enter it in COMM RATE. Select if that commission is a flat amount ($), or percentage of the rate (%).
- Enter the Contact Information for the Agent...
- Home Phone
- Cellular Phone Number and Provider. Note: the provider is required for SMS text messaging functions.
- Pager/Other and Provider
- Email Address
- Website Address
- Enter an Agent Web Referral Code. This feature allows the company to track agent referrals that come through the agents' web site. Note: This feature is currently not active but is a place holder for future development.
- Enter a Username and Password for Agent Web Access to the company's Limo Anywhere through the Online Reservation System. This feature requires the company has the Online Reservations System module. Note: This feature is also currently not active but is a place holder for future development.
- Click "Add New Agent" to retain what was entered.
- Select the Agent to be edited from the Agent list
- Click "Edit Agent"
- Change any of the applicable data entries. In this case the agent was made placed in INACTIVE status.
- Click "UPDATE AGENT" to save any changes
- The result is Agent Dizzy Dean now displays in red font in the Agent list.
- Select the Agent that is to be deleted from the Agent list
- Click "EDIT Agent"
- Click the Delete Icon in the upper right of the "EDIT Agent" box.
- The following Deletion Confirmation Message will appear. Click "Cancel" to not delete the Agent (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED); or "OK" to delete the Agent.
- Select the Agent name from the drop down list in column 1 of the reservation screen for "Agent 1"
- The default commission will populate the commission field. If the commission needs to be changed it can be done now by entering an amount, and selecting "$" for a flat amount, or "%" for a percentage amount.
- Repeat if required for "Agent 2"
- Click "SAVE RESERVATION' to retain changes
Agents in Accounts
Agents can also be assigned to an Account, so that when the account books a reservation it will auto assign the agent to the reservation.
- Go to Accounts and edit account that you want to add the agent to
- Click on Financial Data Tab
- Select the agent from the Agent Assigned drop down list
- Save Account